Feature image from SHE WORKS
A lot of people told me positive affirmations helped to prepare them for childbirth. I’m going to try it. I think it’s great. I am all about the meditation, and doing everything I possibly can to prepare for this very important day.
I read the book HYPNOBIRTHING, to help me master meditation and affirmations for birth. That book is the best!
Here is the list of positive affirmations I made before and during labour.
Positive affirmations for Preparation
- This baby radiates joy.
- I radiate joy.
- I know what I am doing and where I am going.
- I can let go.
- My body will take care of everything I can’t.
Positive affirmations for Labour
- I can do this.
- My body is made for this, I just need to get my head out of the way.
- My body wants to do this.
- I am strong.
- Natural birth has the best outcome for both me and my baby.
- My body is causing these contractions on purpose.
- Every contraction gets me closer to my baby.
- I am healthy and this is all normal.
- I can control my thoughts.
- I can choose to birth without anxiety and fear.
- This is all temporary.
- I will not remember any of this in a week.
Affirmations I read the day before being induced to help me adjust mentally to the labour being planned and so organised, I made sure I was looking on the bright side of everything. I told myself
Because of this induction I will be able to …
- Sleep on my back again
- Eat whatever I like, especially soft poached eggs and rare meats.
- Meet my Baby
- Spend a moment away from my baby (I have written before about feeling CLAUSTROPHOBIC DURING PREGNANCY here if you can relate)
- Not go to the hospital so often
- Stop taking Clexane injections and other medications
- Drink caffeine
- Have a margarita
- Start having fun and get to know my family
- Begin to put my body back together.
- After posting – Add a link to claustrophobia article if already published.