Feature image from PROJECT NURSERY
Maternity / Labour Bathroom Robe
I found thousands of these robes online once I started looking. Women are sick of wearing horrible hospital outfits while laboring with their children. I wanted something soft, comfortable, clean and slightly attractive to wear. It’s about feeling comfortable and feeling a little sexy. Sexiness has a place in labour, as it is all those sexy muscles that need to relax to allow the baby to travel down. Those same muslces that are relaxed when women feel comfortable, safe, sexy and loved. You can find MATERNITY ROBES and MATERNITY GOWNS here and HERE
- A Maternity Bathrobe will be wonderful for Maternity Leave. Your friend will be able to stay in her PJ’s all day relaxing and enjoying herself before the bub comes.
- A Maternity Bath gown will be perfect for during labor as your friend gets in and out of the shower or bathtub and will keep her from walking around naked.
- A Maternity bathrobe will also be perfect for the first few weeks of breastfeeding at night, allowing for easy access to the breasts while keeping her warm.
A New Water Bottle
Breastfeeding and labor recovery requires a lot of water. Your friend / sister or family member is going to be spending a long time with that water bottle in their hands. Having a water bottle that stays beside their breastfeeding chair is important and special. WATERBOTTLES here and HERE and you can find more HERE.
- A new water bottle is a perfect gift for any pregnant woman, so she can keep track of how much water she is drinking throughout the day.
- Pregnant women get dehydrated much faster than other ladies so they need to keep their fluids up.
- A water bottle with a straw is the perfect gift for a pregnant woman as she will need a straw during labor. She will not be able to move into the perfect position to drink fluids from a cup.
- A breastfeeding mother always needs to know where her water bottle is. Giving her a water bottle that will be able to stay with her breastfeeding things is a great idea!
Something to Offer her Guests in the First Week
At the baby shower, give her something sweet and nice. While new mothers shouldn’t be hosting anyone in the first few weeks – it’s still important to have something in the house, just in case. Give her something that will keep for a little while and is easy to prepare, like chocolates, a cake or sweets for the freezer, lovely loose leaf tea or lollies.
- New mothers will love having something on hand to offer drop-in visitors who come to see the new baby.
- She will also probably eat those treats in the middle of the night while feeding and looking for food.
Herbal Teas to stock up the fridge
For her, to treasure while breastfeeding. Special delicious TEA that people can make for her, help her relax and stops her getting bored of water. You can also get really GREAT TEA ONLINE sent to pregnant women if you can’t be there in person.
- HERBAL TEA is a great replacement for caffeine and coffee while breastfeeding and sleeping in the day with a little one.
- Having a really nice herbal tea is also a great thing to offer visitors who come around.
- Herbal tea is easy to prepare and lasts forever.
Facial Spray for during the labor
Refreshing fragrant mist to spray on face chest and hands during the birth, kept cold and refreshing after not having a shower and feeling all sweaty. FACIAL MIST is just the best most amazing, underapreciated tool of birthing. SPRAY for the face.
- refreshes during labor
- helps in the first few weeks when she hasn’t had a shower.
- makes the room smell freh and clean.
Labour Hospital Gift Pack
Packing a hospital bag can be difficult. There is so much to pack, so much that you can’t pack because you are still using it. Here is where a labor Hospital Gift pack comes in.
Fill it with a little toothbrush and toothpaste to pack in the hospital bag, and can be left thrown away when they leave. new underwear and a soft cotton t-shirt to sleep in. Also include shower stuff, a little chocolate, and some facial wipes. Little thing of hand cream, hand sanitizer for changing nappies in a rush. Maternity pads, the good ones that work not the expensive organic ones that don’t absorb shit!
The Bad Day Present – To Open Later
For the mother to open late at night, when she has lost her mind. Something sweat, chocolates and probably a little thing of alcohol. A cd with a funny song, a card with encouraging words on them. A scratchie or game or something to tell her that it’s just a bad day and that is all.
- She will have something to look forward to later.
- It will feel like her baby shower lasts longer.
- She will have a present for when she really needs it, when everyone else has gone home.